What is the difference between a direct and informational?
Direct referrals ensure individuals are proactively connected to services through a coordinated system where organizations that accept those direct referrals can:
• View Information about a client beforehand
• Follow-up with the client to ensure they are eligible to receive services
• Track information about interactions with the client over time in CIE
While informational referrals, leave it up to the client to follow up with the agency and navigate the service delivery system on their own.
• Closed loop referrals
• Warm hand-off between service providers
• Leverage the 2-1-1 San Diego resource database of services
• See detailed information about the person prior to receiving a call
• Provide updates to status and outcomes of referrals
• Track where you are referring your clients
• Receive outcomes for referrals you are providing to your clients
• Coordination and connection to programs and services
• Reports and data available on Direct referral outcomes
CIE Partners utilize a secure technology platform to support our shared clients by viewing a clients’ history of care, sending electronic warm-handoffs, and exchanging data to ensure timely, informed, and tailored interventions.
To get access to CIE, contact our CIE Helpdesk.
CIE shares the same database of resources as 211 San Diego found on www.211sandiego.org. An integral part of having your resources available to the CIE networks making sure that the listings for your programs and services are up to date and provide detailed information to ensure that organizations using the CIE make the best referral possible.
You can review and make updates to your service listings electronically by signing in to the CIE Partner Community. If the person responsible of updating your services does not currently have a login, you can request one here.
Once you have access to the CIE Partner Community, please review the services listed by clicking on the “Agency Profile” tab and click through the service links and ensure the services are up to date. To make edits or changes to the service listings, you can click on the service name and “Request Service Update.”
· If you do not see the service name listed, please complete the new program form online.
· To learn more about how to update your services, download guide.
Follow the steps in the form below to determine if your organization is ready to start receiving direct referrals.