What is the difference between a direct and informational?
Direct referrals ensure individuals are proactively connected to services through a coordinated system where organizations that accept those direct referrals can:
• View Information about a client beforehand
• Follow-up with the client to ensure they are eligible to receive services
• Track information about interactions with the client over time in CIE
While informational referrals, leave it up to the client to follow up with the agency and navigate the service delivery system on their own.
• Closed loop referral
• Access to 2-1-1 San Diego directory of services
• Detailed information about the client
• Ability to provide updates to status and outcomes of referrals (closed loop referral
• Ability to track where you are referring your clients
• Track where your client has been referred to over time
• Better connection and coordination of programs and services
• Benefit from Opportunities that are offered by CIE (example Lyft Rides, and Food deliveries)
CIE Partners utilize a secure technology platform to support our shared clients by viewing a clients’ history of care, sending electronic warm-handoffs, and exchanging data to ensure timely, informed, and tailored interventions.
To get access to CIE, contact our CIE Helpdesk.
You can review and make updates to your service listings electronically by signing in to the CIE Partner Community. If the person responsible of updating your services does not currently have a login, you can request one here.
Once you have access to the CIE Partner Community, please review the services listed by clicking on the “Agency Profile” tab and click through the service links and ensure the services are up to date. To make edits or changes to the service listings, you can click on the service name and “Request Service Update.”
· If you do not see the service name listed, please complete the new program form online.
· To learn more about how to update your services, download guide.
Follow the steps in the form below to determine if your organization is ready to start receiving direct referrals.